All soap is currently curing. The Chocolate & Vanilla Swirls soap is turning a lovely brown color and I think it is going to be beautiful when it's fully cured. I also cut Watermelon Granita and it's AKA(Alpha Kappa Alpha)colors. I wasn't going for that but it's really beautiful. I know now that the fragrance oil does well on it's own and doesn't need any titanium dioxide(white pigment) to make sure the colors stay normal looking. The ugly brown soap is Ugly Apple. It smells great though.
Many of my items I make from scratch using my own recipes. I make soaps, scrubs and other goodies for the bath & body lover. My store officially opened Feb. 13, 2009 and I'm just so excited to be doing something that I really love. All soaps are made in very small batches. The palm oil is sourced from the United States and is a sustainable resource. I fell in love with cold process soap because it doesn't dry out your skin and there are no harsh ingredients. It's amazing to see how a chemical reaction using Lye, water and oils/butters will make such a wonderful feeling soap.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments!!